Sunday, July 8, 2012

Lexapro... My New Nut Pill

So I've been taken off of celexa and put on lexapro. Please follow this link for information about Lexapro, it's the best site I've ever found and I would really like to own a 'Batshit Crazy' t-shirt if I were about 15 years younger. (this website is not written by a medical professional, this guy is a very well read mentally ill person with an excellent sense of humor and self-professed to be batshit crazy.) To be honest, I already feel better, more relaxed, less panicky and a lot of my panic is so obviously circumstantial now that I've started seeing a psychotherapist. They help, a lot. That light up ahead is getting much brighter. However... the use of Lexapro is discouraged in the third trimester as it can harm baby's lung function (according to animal studies, Lexapro is a class C drug) which, as an asthma sufferer, I wouldn't wish on anyone much less my newborn infant. I'll have to talk to my perinatologist. In his 25 years of experience, class C drugs are given a bad rap and as long as you keep a good eye on baby during pregnancy, the benefits outweigh the risks in my circumstance.

No comments:

Post a Comment