Thursday, June 14, 2012

There's a Shih-tzu Stuck in my Fence


It's been that kind of day. Monkey #1 decided to climb into bed with me around 11:30 last night and we both slept soundly until her nightmares interrupted us around 3:00ish. I'd try to touch her and she'd flip so I settled for the, "Shh, shh, Mommy's right here." She eventually calmed and then had nightmares again around 5:30. My poor sweet baby girl. She woke up telling me she doesn't like the sneaky forest and I don't blame her. She visits this place often and it kills me. She can be exceptionally emotional and very difficult to manage. It requires a ton of patience, which thankfully, I have. (I wonder if that shih-tzu is trying to make a break for it.)  So I decided to go see a movie all by myself today. Getting there would have been easier if Monkey #2 hadn't decided that NOW is the time for, "NO, I do it."  It would have been even more awesome if the Y hadn't changed their Kiddie Country hours which required me to pick them up 20 minutes before the end of the damn movie. $14 for Godiva yum-yums, diet coke and M&Ms for gestating Monkey #3 and me, $5 for a matinee ticket and $34 frickin' dollars to have my kids watched long enough for me to be yanked out of a theatre right at the climax of the movie. Yippy. The girls have been very good for me today. And I only felt moderately depressed on my way home. We laid on the couch and napped a bit. I feel so tired all the time, I don't know if it's just from being pregnant or from the meds or of this weirdness of being that is this evolved and grandiose post-partum depression. Almost supper time and let's pray for an easy night of eat, bathe, sleep. Perhaps later, I'll have a chance to write some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment